“I Love You”
I Love You
My grandson told me this morning that I tell him that I love him too much and that he already knows. I shared with him that I tell him often so that he never forgets. I also shared that sadly some kids never do know that someone loves them.
On a non-related, but maybe totally related, note he later in the morning asked me why I call everyone “brother”. I told him it’s because we are all God’s children and I treat everyone like a brother or sister until they ask me not to.
Every child deserves to know they are loved.
Every person deserves to be treated with courtesy and respect, as well as love. We are all brothers and sisters under God.
That seems to be what’s missing today.
What can we do about that?
Change the world:
- by loving our kids and grandkids, making sure they know we do and teaching them right from wrong.
- by treating everyone with courtesy, respect and at best love, at least kindness.
- by loving yourself too. We are all created in God’s own image and all worthy of love and respect.
- by raising up our children in the way they should go.
- by not being distracted by the ugliness in the media and in the world. We are not called to be blind to the evil in the world, but we are called not to be conformed to it. (Romans 12:2)
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Shihan Stephen J. Del Castillo
What Are You Doing Friday Night?
The reason I ask is because if you have kids, but would like a date night alone with your spouse, significant other or with yourself, we can help!
Leave the kids at KMMA as our guest! They’ll have fun, make new friends and learn something new and you can have a night of fun for you!
Or call 813-948-4844