The Ninja or Shinobi Warrior were ancient warriors of feudal Japan who used stealth and deception as part of their unconventional warfare tactics.
These “Shadow Warrior” were known for their art of invisibility, often hiding in plain sight, as well as the use of deception and distraction tactics, like smoke bombs, to mask their movement and intent.
He may throw some poison gas in your eyes to blind your sight, or pop a smoke grenade- either useful in concealing his next move, be it to attack, escape, evade or deceive to attack elsewhere.
The reason that I bring the shadow warrior up is that I believe they still exist today.
Well, as a matter of fact I know the style does, I’ve friends who study Ninjutsu. But that’s not what I am referring to.
Here specifically I mean to imply that there are those that still use deception and distraction as a means to their end, and that they are indeed often hiding in plain sight.
This type of enemy is truly insidious, because unlike a direct attack which can be identified and defended against immediately, the shadow attack can often do damage in secret for a long time before the object of the attack even realizes and, worse, the shadow warrior can even get the poor victim to do the damage to his or her self.
What do we do to beware the shadow warrior?
- Be Aware.
- It is said that the greatest feat of the Devil is making people think that he doesn’t exist. This is where the shadow warrior works.
- As hard as it is for positive people like me, who prefer to see the best in everyone, we must also be aware that not everyone who says so has our best interest in mind.
- Be aware of your own thoughts and emotions. Beware they don’t start turning dark.
- One of the greatest tricks of the modern day shadow warrior is to get in your mind.
- If he can turn you against others who do have your best interest at mind or, worse, turn you against yourself, he knows he’s got you.
- Most battles are won or lost in the mind.
- Be Focused.
- Stay Focus on who you are and what you believe. If you believe in God, stay Focus on Whose you are too!
- Stay Focused on your goals, values and belief systems. The enemy will slowly try to errode these.
- While we should also be open minded and flexible, certain Principals should remain immutable.
- Be Prepared.
- As the shadow warrior will employ multiple tools to attack you, some overt and many covert, you must train now to prepare your body and your mind.
- The time to prepare to defend against attack is not when attack is imminent. Prepare early and often!
- Be Empowered.
- While we prepare our body and mind to survive and thrive in any type of attack or emergency, we also EmPower ourselves for the fight.
- This is our area of expertise at my dojo by the way.
- To Empower is to POWER UP with Confidence, Courage, Commitment, Integrity, Perseverance, Focus and Self Control, Indomitable Spirit, Speed, POwer, Accuracy and Excellence, and the rest of the SuperPowers of KMMA Blackbelt Leadership Excellence.
- Help Prepare and Empower Others.
- But none of us can win the war alone.
- we need to be allied with other like minded, positive and professional success warriors committed to the same Mission.
- we need to hone our Blackbelt Leadership Superpowers for the fight AND help others to do the same.
- But none of us can win the war alone.
At Krav Maga Martial Arts we Prepare you to survive and thrive through, in spite of and even because of the attacks of the enemy;
and we Empower people with the attributes and skills to confidently Lead themselves, their families and others in the war.
Proud to share the foxhole with you.
Grand Master Stephen Del Castillo
Prepare to Live, Empower to Lead!
Founded in 2000 by Grandmaster Stephen J. Del Castillo, a 7th degree Black Belt and Sr. Master Instructor, Krav Maga Martial Arts and Karate lessons for pre-school children ages 3-6 and elementary age kids ages 7 and up are designed to develop the critical building blocks kids need – specialized for their age group – for school excellence and later success in life.
Krav Maga Martial Arts Adult Krav Maga training is a complete adult self defense, fitness, and conditioning program for adults who want to learn real world self defense, lose weight, and/or get (and stay in shape).
If you have any questions about our program, or would like to go ahead redeem your 2 weeks FREE, you can call us anytime at 813-547-6368 or visit our Krav Maga Martial Arts website.
About Grandmaster Stephen J. Del Castillo: Grandmaster Del Castillo is the founding Master Instructor of Krav Maga Martial Arts and has been empowering lives in Pasco and Hillsborough Counties since October of 2000. He is a 7th degree Blackbelt, MBA, author, mentor and success coach, a US Army Veteran and a proud father and grandfather. He is married to Ms. Barbara Del Castillo who helps him run the school. Grand Master Del Castillo began his training in the early 80’s and has high level blackbelts in Tae Kwon Do, Karate, Premier Martial Arts and Krav Maga Martial Arts as well as experience in kickboxing, Jeet Kune Do and Jiujitsu. He has high level instructor certifications from BBSI, IKMF, and KMG and has been featured in numerous Martial Arts publications and also Success magazine. He was a competitive sport karate and American Kickboxing instructor until he enlisted in the US Army where he served in the 82nd Airborne Division, where he won an Army Green to Gold scholarship and proceeded to ROTC and the University of Tampa. He was commisioned in 1992 and went on to serve in Germany with the 3rd Infantry Division and then in several other posts in the US until he left military service to pursue his dream of creating KMMA in 2000.
The Krav MagaMartial Arts Headquarters is in Lutz, FL at 1900 Land O’ Lakes Blvd., 33549. Krav Maga Martial Arts serves Lutz, Land O’ Lakes, Wesley Chapel, and surrounding areas.