Why It Won’t Work, Fantastic Friday and Parent’s Night Out
I got today’s blog for you from my archives…
I wrote it about 3 or 4 years ago, but it’s every bit as true today as when I did.
It’s called “It Won’t Work”, and I hope you enjoy and get some actionable info from it.
Perhaps you’ll even join our tribe and movement if you haven’t yet!
But first, before you read it I mean, I want to share about what Fantastic Fridays mean to me!
Today, I get to train my current and future Teams of KMMA! These are our current Sensei, as well as some other great people training for a career with KMMA! My Martial Arts Professional (MAP) course includes physical training, leadership and success philosophy, class planning and pedagogy, psychology, marketing and sales and everything needed to deliver on our promises and accomplish our Mission:
We create confident and competent Blackbelt Leaders, prepared to survive and thrive in any situation, and empowered to lead, where they’re at and into their futures.
Our MAP is every Friday through 3rd quarter this year!
Besides sharing something I am excited about, I am also sharing my idea about Fantastic Fridays to share a great idea for you.
What if, instead of just being the start of the weekend, Fridays were the day that you do something that helps create your ideal future?
What would that look like? In your ideal future, how would you be and what would you get to do? What would you have to do, today, to make that true?
That’s what you do to make your Friday’s fantastic!
Tonight is Parent’s Night Out is at 7:30 btw! Sensei Allie and Sensei Charlie have an awesome plan including pizza, kicking and Ninja Trix! Email SenseiAllie@TampaKravMaga.com or call 813-948-4844 for more details and RSVP. This is a KMMA Community event. But, even if you’re not a part of our community and tribe yet, but you’re on this email, we’re inviting you. It’s a great way to meet the great team and tribe of KMMA!
It Wont Work
No idea, no matter how good, will work if it doesn’t get used…
- Even with the most ardent self improvement enthusiasts, any program that takes too much time, requires too much sacrifice, or is too complex to use easily will not get used.
- Some personal growth concepts too often fall into the same category as home exercise machines that were once used and put away. They are like barbells and gym sets or dance instruction videos that seemed like a good idea at the time we got them, but they took too much work.
The 3 very true statements above are excerpts I took directly from my reading in Chapter 13 of What To Say When You Talk To Yourself by Shad Helmstetter, PhD this morning. It’s a great book and I highly recommend you read it.
But the reason I bring it up in this message is because I couldn’t help but think about the contrast in what we do and why we have such amazing success helping people accomplish all of their self improvement goals!
- We can do it in 1-3 hours per week!
- It’s FUN, not sacrifice! You won’t even believe how fast the time flies by each session!
- The Krav Maga we teach is mostly simple, but even were it complex, our amazing certified instructors are masters at making hard things simple!
- Unlike the barbells, gym sets and dance videos, you can’t hide us in the closet! My team is also astute at giving you the pefect balance of support, encouragement and accountability to ensure that you accomplish the goals you told us you wanted to get when you started!
- And, while there is some hard work involved, the fun, the community and the excellent coaching and mentorship will give you everything that you need to succeed!
So, if you’re already a student, keep up the great work on your goals!
And if you’re not yet, get started with your 2 week trial and orientation so we can show you how this can be the time you go from goal setting to goal getting with Krav Maga Martial Arts!
Prepare To Live; Empower To Lead!
About Grandmaster Stephen J. Del Castillo: Grandmaster Del Castillo is the founding Master Instructor of Krav Maga Martial Arts and has been empowering lives in Pasco and Hillsborough Counties since October of 2000. He is a 7th degree Blackbelt, MBA, author, mentor and success coach, a US Army Veteran and a proud father and grandfather. He is married to Ms. Barbara Del Castillo who helps him run the school. Grand Master Del Castillo began his training in the early 80’s and has high level blackbelts in Tae Kwon Do, Karate, Premier Martial Arts and Krav Maga Martial Arts as well as experience in kickboxing, Jeet Kune Do and Jiujitsu. He has high level instructor certifications from BBSI, IKMF, and KMG and has been featured in numerous Martial Arts publications and also Success magazine. He was a competitive sport karate and American Kickboxing instructor until he enlisted in the US Army where he served in the 82nd Airborne Division, where he won an Army Green to Gold scholarship and proceeded to ROTC and the University of Tampa. He was commissioned in 1992 and went on to serve in Germany with the 3rd Infantry Division and then in several other posts in the US until he left military service to pursue his dream of creating KMMA in 2000.
The Krav MagaMartial Arts Headquarters is in Lutz, FL at 1900 Land O’ Lakes Blvd., 33549. Krav Maga Martial Arts serves Lutz, Land O’ Lakes, Wesley Chapel, and surrounding areas.
See stephendelcastillo.com for more information and to order my book, Developing Your Superpower, Meditations on Mastery, Volume 1.