On the Evolution We Care About
What do you think when you think evolution?
Well, when I do, it’s not about Darwin’s theory nor even the epistemological discussion reference the origin of the world nor the species…
but it is about the evolution we control.
Talked about it in my leaven at 11 this morning. Watch it here if you missed it.
In this blog I will simply address a few of the evolutions that I am most grateful for.
- I am grateful for my own evolution.
- of knowledge, of wisdom and of my ability to apply powerfully the things that I know.
- of my ability to change.
- of my emotional control and skills.
- of my interaction with other people.
- of my character and the spirit of my heart.
- of my leadership and business proficiencies.
- mentally, physically, and spiritually.
- in short, I am grateful that I evolved from the man I was to the leader I am, and towards the one I’m called to be.
- I am grateful for the evolution of my school and my system.
- one of the tenets of my original Mission statement that I wrote in 2000 was “To continuously evolve to better serve our customers and team members towards the realization of our mission statement and values”.
- I’m glad I said that all those years ago and grateful that’s what we do.
- Every aspect of our academy is better, stronger faster than it was before, consistently.
- I am grateful for the evolution of my Team and my students.
- The evolution of myself and my school and system has also led to a better culture and a higher quality of staff and student than ever before. For this, I’m so grateful.
- I am grateful for the evolution of our Blackbelt experience.
- so many things that were just conceptual when I used to talk about Blackbelt Leadership Excellence are proven systems producing walking, talking, confident and competent Blackbelt Leaders today.
- I am talking about every aspect of our business, of the training and even the events themselves, like the Blackbelt Retreat coming Sept 30-Oct 2, the test itself, Krav Camp and the Blackbelt Extravaganza!
- and the quality of the curriculum and training post Blackbelt is amazing now too!
- I am grateful for the evolution still to come in each of these.
- for a proud of and grateful for each of these evolutions as I am; I am not satisfied. We practice what we preach about Constant and Never-ending Improvement (CANI), PARI (Plan, Act, Review and Improve) and Vision.
- we will continue to evolve and grow into our full potential and destiny.
- I am grateful to God, my Teams, my students and even my future students for the evolution yet to come!
About Grandmaster Stephen J. Del Castillo: Grandmaster Del Castillo is the founding Master Instructor of Krav Maga Martial Arts and has been empowering lives in Pasco and Hillsborough Counties since October of 2000. He is a 7th degree Blackbelt, MBA, author, mentor and success coach, a US Army Veteran and a proud father and grandfather. He is married to Ms. Barbara Del Castillo who helps him run the school. Grand Master Del Castillo began his training in the early 80’s and has high level blackbelts in Tae Kwon Do, Karate, Premier Martial Arts and Krav Maga Martial Arts as well as experience in kickboxing, Jeet Kune Do and Jiujitsu. He has high level instructor certifications from BBSI, IKMF, and KMG and has been featured in numerous Martial Arts publications and also Success magazine. He was a competitive sport karate and American Kickboxing instructor until he enlisted in the US Army where he served in the 82nd Airborne Division, where he won an Army Green to Gold scholarship and proceeded to ROTC and the University of Tampa. He was commissioned in 1992 and went on to serve in Germany with the 3rd Infantry Division and then in several other posts in the US until he left military service to pursue his dream of creating KMMA in 2000.
The Krav MagaMartial Arts Headquarters is in Lutz, FL at 1900 Land O’ Lakes Blvd., 33549. Krav Maga Martial Arts serves Lutz, Land O’ Lakes, Wesley Chapel, and surrounding areas.
See stephendelcastillo.com for more information and to order my book, Developing Your Superpower, Meditations on Mastery, Volume 1.