Leadership in Times of Crisis
I believe that one of the most important things that we can all do during this time of crisis is to lead with confidence. We are all leaders at some level, at least with our kids if we don’t have other platforms and for sure with ourselves if you don’t yet have kids. The important thing is that we lead well, or at least as well as we know how to; and one of the awesome things about KMMA is that leadership development is built into the program.
Here are a few of the most important leadership lessons we need to apply during these times (really in all times):
- Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to what happens to us
- A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty
- Everything happens for a reason and it serves me well
I will do blog and/or video lessons on these throughout the week.
I will also continue to commnicate with you reference our response as the COVID-19 story continues to unfold on a national level. We will continue to respond accordingly.
But the great news is that we haven’t been waiting. If you have’nt done so yet, be sure and go join our virtual dojo here. We already have the week three lessons up in video, which is everything you need to be prepared for testing, next week if we’re here together, or when you get back to the dojo if we end up quarantined or you’ve already made the decision to stay home. Whatever happens, we got you covered!
Remember, life is 10% what happens and 90% how we react to what happens and everything happens for a reason and serves us well IF we have the right mindset. So, until we meet again:
- Stay positive and be the leader you need to be in your family.
- Take advantage of the collateral benefits of the additional time with your family. Read more, play more, teach more.
- And don’t forget to jump on the KMMA Virtual Dojo! There are instructions inside on how to get credit for attendance as well as utilize the program to maximize your readiness for an awesome test when you get back! You will not fall behind and we, as a KMMA family, tribe and community, will not let this challenge defeat us. On the contrary, as champions do, we will use the challenge to make us stronger and better! Proud to have you on the quest!