Fitness Should be Fun
I write a lot about the many mental, character and leadership benefits of Krav Maga Martial Arts, especially for kids, because I really think it’s one of the things that makes us special; one of the things we’re particularly good at.
But another benefit of training with us, for adults, is fitness that’s fun!
I really believe that one of the reasons most people have a hard time sticking to their health, fitness and/or weight loss goals is that the exercise they’re doing just isn’t fun enough.
It’s hard, or boring, and hard to “fit in” the busy day consistently enough to be effective.
Training in our Krav Maga and Kickboxing classes are different in at least these 4 great ways:
- It’s fun! Your 30–60-minute class will go by faster than you know it! But you’ll leave feeling great, sweating, and smiling and having burned 800-1200 calories in the process!
- It’s practical. Another reason the time flies is because you are learning some great self-defense and kickboxing skills while you’re working out.
- It’s family. One of the things that keeps our students motivated, dedicated and on their quest to be their best is the tribe! You’ll make friends with other like-minded, positive people who are there to learn, grow and get fit just like you! You’ll love our tribe, and they’ll love you! Everyone knows everyone by name at Krav Maga Martial Arts.
- Speaking of family, most of our classes are family classes! So, you can have fun, get a great workout and learn something new with the adults in the class, while your kids are with another Sensei and a group of their peers doing the same! You all get exactly what you need but you come and go together. You bond and grow together, and train with individual Sensei that make sure you all get exactly what you need to get to your goals!
- Accountability and a personal coach. When you miss your workouts, nobody cares. Nobody calls you. You just fall out of the habit and out of the commitment you made to yourself, letting yourself down again. When you miss a class at Krav Maga Martial Arts, a KMMA Sensei personally calls you to check on you, motivate you and get you get you back on track to accomplishing your goals!
Give yourself the ultimate gift this season.
The gift of fitness!
1. Call 813-948-4844 to begin your free trial! Tell them I sent you.
2. After your second class of you love it as much as I think you will, we’ll enroll you for 2023, with your first payment in January, and you can train the rest of this year for free!
3. You’ll also get a free uniform, 2,4,6-week progress and goals checks and, most important, be on the way towards being fit while having fun and being your best you in 2023!
Prepare To Live; empower To Lead!
Grand Master Stephen J. Del Castillo
Author, MBA & 7th Degree Blackbelt
Founder & Chief Master Instructor,
Krav Maga Martial Arts
I have been really out of shape for a while now. I was fit in youth but, for a myriad of excuses, really let my health and fitness slip for many years. It was really hard to get back fit because most exercise is so boring, and because of my weight it was hard to do a lot of it without hurting myself too. I was a little worried about that with krav maga too if I’m honest; but the Sensei and tribe at Krav Maga Martial Arts are so positive and so supportive and they helped me to do what I could do until I could do more and more. I LOVE coming to class, seeing and supporting my classmates and helping encourage them to their goals while they do the same for me. And, I’m losing the weight and getting fitter than I’ve been in years. I can do more again, and feel so much better! My only regret is that I didn’t start sooner.
When I arrived for my first class, the kids were excited…I was not so much. I was nervous about failing, I was afraid of looking like a fool, and I was scared that I wouldn’t be able to do it. I received quite a workout! I was able to keep up with the class to the best of my ability, I was thoroughly exhausted afterwards, I was covered in sweat, but most importantly I was happy. My husband commented that this was the most he had seen me smile all year (we all know 2020 has been quite a tough year). We signed up for our next class. The thrill of being able to do something physical while still enjoying myself was exhilarating! After meeting with Grand Master Steve, we (myself, my son, and my daughter) signed up to start working towards our blackbelt.
This has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. My family faithfully attends classes each week. We work on skills at home, too. We discuss our dreams and goals of becoming blackbelts. We also discuss the practical skills we are learning on our journey to becoming blackbelts. For me, one of the most important concepts I am learning is the act of perseverance. Many times during class I feel like I can’t do it anymore…but then I hear the 3 most powerful words echo in my head that we review at every class: YES I CAN!
I also want to give credit to the sensei’s that teach the classes. All of them are living examples of what we want to become. They are all great role models for not just myself, but me kids as well. My daughter actually wants to be just like Sensei Sarah when she becomes a blackbelt! The Sensei are great at teaching the skills on multiple levels. As a result, it is easy to follow and learn. All of the sensei’s use positive reinforcement! This helps someone like me continue to give my all even when I don’t know if I can (YES I CAN)!
I have gained a better attitude towards life and physical activity. I have gained control over my fear of failure. I have gained humility in accepting help. I have gained encouragement from seeing my fellow students succeed and earn their belts. I have gained friends. I have gained a vision for a better me.
Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
In a short period of time, I’ve seen so much growth in them, their confidence in particular. They absolutely love all the sensei at KMMA who make every class fun and engaging, and friendships they’ve made from working with their training partners. I have also seen a lot of growth in myself, my stamina and flexibility have improved considerably, but most of all the tremendous sense of pride I have watching my children grow every day and getting to share this journey with them. There is no doubt they will be incredible leaders and blackbelts due to the lessons instilled in them by all the amazing sensei, and the lessons of Grand Master. I’m so glad we decided to join the KMMA family.
-Erik St. Martin
Principal Software Engineering Manager, Microsoft
About Grandmaster Stephen J. Del Castillo: Grandmaster Del Castillo is the founding Master Instructor of Krav Maga Martial Arts and has been empowering lives in Pasco and Hillsborough Counties since October of 2000. He is a 7th degree Blackbelt, MBA, author, mentor and success coach, a US Army Veteran and a proud father and grandfather. He is married to Ms. Barbara Del Castillo who helps him run the school. Grand Master Del Castillo began his training in the early 80’s and has high level blackbelts in Tae Kwon Do, Karate, Premier Martial Arts and Krav Maga Martial Arts as well as experience in kickboxing, Jeet Kune Do and Jiujitsu. He has high level instructor certifications from BBSI, IKMF, and KMG and has been featured in numerous Martial Arts publications and also Success magazine. He was a competitive sport karate and American Kickboxing instructor until he enlisted in the US Army where he served in the 82nd Airborne Division, where he won an Army Green to Gold scholarship and proceeded to ROTC and the University of Tampa. He was commissioned in 1992 and went on to serve in Germany with the 3rd Infantry Division and then in several other posts in the US until he left military service to pursue his dream of creating KMMA in 2000.
The Krav MagaMartial Arts Headquarters is in Lutz, FL at 1900 Land O’ Lakes Blvd., 33549. Krav Maga Martial Arts serves Lutz, Land O’ Lakes, Wesley Chapel, and surrounding areas.
See stephendelcastillo.com for more information and to order my book, Developing Your Superpower, Meditations on Mastery, Volume 1.