Do You Stretch?
As I was wondering what I wanted to write about this morning, I figured I’d write a little about what I will be teaching on, along with some special guests, tomorrow night in my Blackbelt Leadership class.
Physical stretching is important. Not only is flexibility beneficial to the physical application of our martial arts, and other athletic or physical pursuits but, quite frankly, flexibility is essential to optimal health.
Especially as we age, flexibility, along with nutrition, strength, cardio training and other healthy habits, are largely responsible for how strong, happy and healthy we feel as we age.
Two incidental but relevant asides before I continue:
- Of all components of health and happiness, I believe the most important to be the mind; the Discipline of what we Focus on.
- Having said that, I have also learned, the hard way over the years, that the most important element of weight control and other important aspects of health is diet. By the way, celebrate with me, I’ve lost 20 pounds in the last 5 weeks now that I finally have my nutritional plan dialed in.
- Strength and cardio training is of course important too, but still won’t help the weight struggle if the diet isn’t right. We can’t out train bad nutrition- which, unfortunately, I tried for years to do.
- Best news of all is your Krav Maga and Kickboxing training at Krav Maga Martial Arts is optimal for both strength and cardio training- and it’s also useful and fun! I believe our program is optimal for improving muscle, cardio, flexibility and health, while also learning practical self defense, having fun, making new friends and relieving stress (another most essential element of health).
OK, back to stretching.
- Physical stretching is important and the amount we do in the dojo is good but not sufficient. Because we have so much to teach in the 45-60 minute classes, the stretching portion is only like 5-10. Therefore learning to stretch and doing some extra daily at home is a good habit too. Blackbelt Leadership student and Holistic Health expert Dr. Tanya Gold will be sharing some wisdom on flexibility and nutrition at our leadership seminar tomorrow night 6:30-7:30. You won’t wanna miss it!
- Following her healthy cooking class and physical stretching session tomorrow, I will be giving a short class on mental stretching, with a clarity exercise you will use to become the next evolution of yourself over the next year.
In preparation for that, though, and for the rest of you to think about if you won’t be there (I hope all Blackbelt Leadership students will), here are a few questions I’d like you to ponder.
- Do you stretch? I believe that who and where we find ourselves is mostly a combination of how we think, what we believe, and the decision, actions and reactions that we make based on the first two…Is your thinking better than a year ago? Your belief stronger? What do you believe about your past, present and future and are these beliefs empowering or limiting?
- Where are you now? In your health, finances, relationships, business or career, Blackbelt Leadership quest, mental/emotional state and any other areas of life important to you?
- Looking forward a year from today, where do you want to be in these same areas?
- Why is that important to you?
OK, lots to think about but let’s close with the WIN (What’s Important Next).
- If you are a Blackbelt Leadership Student, make your plan to be with us tomorrow night, live or in the virtual classroom! 6:30-7:30 pm. Be there by 6:15! Bonus points if you consider some of the above questions ahead of time. 🙂
- If you are a Basic Training student, your WIN is to qualify for the Blackbelt Leadership program. The first step is to SEE yourself in your mind as a Blackbelt Leader, with all the Blackbelt Superpowers, fitness and other benefits thereof! VISION
- Haven’t even started yet? If you want something to be different and better a year from now, the time to start is now! Not when, but now! CLICK HERE TO BEGIN YOUR 2 WEEK FREE TRIAL AND ORIENTATION COURSE
7th Degree Blackbelt, MBA, Author and Motivational Teacher
Founding Master Instructor, Krav Maga Martial Arts
About Grandmaster Stephen J. Del Castillo: Grandmaster Del Castillo is the founding Master Instructor of Krav Maga Martial Arts and has been empowering lives in Pasco and Hillsborough Counties since October of 2000. He is a 7th degree Blackbelt, MBA, author, mentor and success coach, a US Army Veteran and a proud father and grandfather. He is married to Ms. Barbara Del Castillo who helps him run the school. Grand Master Del Castillo began his training in the early 80’s and has high level blackbelts in Tae Kwon Do, Karate, Premier Martial Arts and Krav Maga Martial Arts as well as experience in kickboxing, Jeet Kune Do and Jiujitsu. He has high level instructor certifications from BBSI, IKMF, and KMG and has been featured in numerous Martial Arts publications and also Success magazine. He was a competitive sport karate and American Kickboxing instructor until he enlisted in the US Army where he served in the 82nd Airborne Division, where he won an Army Green to Gold scholarship and proceeded to ROTC and the University of Tampa. He was commisioned in 1992 and went on to serve in Germany with the 3rd Infantry Division and then in several other posts in the US until he left military service to pursue his dream of creating KMMA in 2000.
The Krav MagaMartial Arts Headquarters is in Lutz, FL at 1900 Land O’ Lakes Blvd., 33549. Krav Maga Martial Arts serves Lutz, Land O’ Lakes, Wesley Chapel, and surrounding areas.
See stephendelcastillo.com for more information and to order my book, Developing Your Superpower, Meditations on Mastery, Volume 1.