Do you ever get overwhelmed?
I get overwhelmed sometimes too.
Then I take two steps back and evaluate the situation and all that I have to be grateful for.
Then I remind myself that all I have to do is practice what I teach.
- Extreme Ownership- if it’s to be, it’s up to me. As the owner of every situation I find myself in, I have the opportunity to make things better.
- Life is 10% what happens and 90% how I react to what happens to us.
- FOCUS- energy flows where focus goes; I need to calm down and focus my focus on the few things that matter most.
- Circle of concern and circle of control. I need to only focus on the things that matter AND that I can do something about. I need to not allow the things I can’t control to overly concern or distract me. It’s not that these things don’t matter, but that focusing on the things I can control that matter improves not only those things but even the “reality” concerns my relationship to the other things.
- Focus not on the problems but the solutions.
- Take massive focused action on the most important goals. Delegate or delete the rest. Build a great team incessantly!
- The Momentum Theorem: Focused Intensity Over Time, Multiplied by God, equals unstoppable momentum!
Those are a few of my thoughts….
what I remind myself of what I know and what I teach.
Then I pray, deconflict, pray and work!
Sometimes I also write. 😉
What other things do you do when you’re feeling overwhelmed?
Prepare To Live; Empower To Lead!
Grand Master Stephen J. Del Castillo
Founding Master Instructor, Krav Maga Martial Arts
Author of Developing Your Superpowers Meditations On Mastery Vol One
Check out the Meditations On Mastery Blog and Podcast too!
Do You Like Cabbage?
Tacos? Corned Beef?
Check out this video and then let me know if you’re coming to the event below and rather you have a crockpot for the competition!
TampaKravMaga.com and Krav Maga Martial Arts have been empowering lives through the martial arts in the Tampa Bay area for 20 years!
Founded in 2000 by Grandmaster Stephen J. Del Castillo, a 7th degree Black Belt and Sr. Master Instructor, Krav Maga Martial Arts and Karate lessons for pre-school children ages 3-6 and elementary age kids ages 7 and up are designed to develop the critical building blocks kids need – specialized for their age group – for school excellence and later success in life.
Krav Maga Martial Arts Adult Krav Maga training is a complete adult self defense, fitness, and conditioning program for adults who want to learn real world self defense, lose weight, and/or get (and stay in shape).
If you have any questions about our program, or would like to go ahead redeem your 2 weeks FREE, you can call us anytime at 813-547-6368 or visit our Krav Maga Martial Arts website.
About Grandmaster Stephen J. Del Castillo: Grandmaster Del Castillo is the founding Master Instructor of Krav Maga Martial Arts and has been empowering lives in Pasco and Hillsborough Counties since October of 2000. He is a 7th degree Blackbelt, MBA, author, mentor and success coach, a US Army Veteran and a proud father and grandfather. He is married to Ms. Barbara Del Castillo who helps him run the school. Grand Master Del Castillo began his training in the early 80’s and has high level blackbelts in Tae Kwon Do, Karate, Premier Martial Arts and Krav Maga Martial Arts as well as experience in kickboxing, Jeet Kune Do and Jiujitsu. He has high level instructor certifications from BBSI, IKMF, and KMG and has been featured in numerous Martial Arts publications and also Success magazine. He was a competitive sport karate and American Kickboxing instructor until he enlisted in the US Army where he served in the 82nd Airborne Division, where he won an Army Green to Gold scholarship and proceeded to ROTC and the University of Tampa. He was commisioned in 1992 and went on to serve in Germany with the 3rd Infantry Division and then in several other posts in the US until he left military service to pursue his dream of creating KMMA in 2000.
The Krav MagaMartial Arts Headquarters is in Lutz, FL at 1900 Land O’ Lakes Blvd., 33549. Krav Maga Martial Arts serves Lutz, Land O’ Lakes, Wesley Chapel, and surrounding areas.
Also, check us out on Fun4TampaKids & on Go2Karate.com