I am excited about the theme for this month’s Blackbelt Retreat.

   It’s 100/100.

The idea actually came to me on the road trip with my team, back from VA Beach, last week.

I was explaining to them something that I teach all my instructors about developing confident and competent Blackbelt Leaders; about the developmental process really.

   In the Basic Training and Freshman level, it’s 70% about developing students from the inside out: developing their Focus, Respect, Discipline and Confidence, their trust in their teachers and their Vision that they can do it- become Blackbelts that is. The other 30% is hard training.

At the Sophomore level, it’s 50/50. The training begins to get more physically and mentally demanding, and we continue to develop their character, confidence and the rest of the Blackbelt Superpowers.

At the Junior level, the year leading up to their probationary Blackbelt test, it flips 70/30. The technical, physical, mental and emotional demands of the training are ramping up for the Blackbelt test, so they can become the person worthy of it.

Then they go to a Blackbelt Retreat, like the one coming end of this month, and spend a whole weekend proving they’re a Blackbelt and becoming one…

   The Blackbelt Retreats are our milestone and capstone events as students train to Blackbelt and beyond!

But then I said something I don’t usually say and, when I heard me say it, I liked it, and it became the new theme of this next Retreat.

   I said “because as Blackbelts they’re 100/100.”

What I meant was that KMMA Blackbelts are 100% when it comes to their character, attitude, focus, respect, discipline, confidence, gratitude and vision- and they’re 100% physically, mentally and emotionally rained to defend themselves and those that they love too.

If you’re not training towards your 100/100 Blackbelt Retreat and future, join us! 

Prepare To Live; Empower To Lead!

Grand Master Stephen J. Del Castillo
Founding Master Instructor, Krav Maga Martial Arts

p.s. Matt and Laura Kay are getting their company logo on our krav camp t-shirt! Thank you Kay family!

Last call if you’d like to join them!

Last call to register for krav camp too!

p.p.s We have 22 candidates testing to probationary Blackbelt and 12 to Certified Blackbelt. And of course many Blackbelt Leaders, Senior Blackbelts and Masters coming to help train and test them! It’s gonna be a great one!

About Grandmaster Stephen J. Del Castillo: Grandmaster Del Castillo is the founding Master Instructor of Krav Maga Martial Arts and has been empowering lives in Pasco and Hillsborough Counties since October of 2000. He is a 7th degree Blackbelt, MBA, author, mentor and success coach, a US Army Veteran and a proud father and grandfather. He is married to Ms. Barbara Del Castillo who helps him run the school. Grand Master Del Castillo began his training in the early 80’s and has high level blackbelts in Tae Kwon Do, Karate, Premier Martial Arts and Krav Maga Martial Arts as well as experience in kickboxing, Jeet Kune Do and Jiujitsu. He has high level instructor certifications from BBSI, IKMF, and KMG and has been featured in numerous Martial Arts publications and also Success magazine. He was a competitive sport karate and American Kickboxing instructor until he enlisted in the US Army where he served in the 82nd Airborne Division, where he won an Army Green to Gold scholarship and proceeded to ROTC and the University of Tampa. He was commissioned in 1992 and went on to serve in Germany with the 3rd Infantry Division and then in several other posts in the US until he left military service to pursue his dream of creating KMMA in 2000.

The Krav MagaMartial Arts Headquarters is in Lutz, FL at 1900 Land O’ Lakes Blvd., 33549. Krav Maga Martial Arts serves Lutz, Land O’ Lakes, Wesley Chapel, and surrounding areas.

See for more information and to order my book, Developing Your Superpower, Meditations on Mastery, Volume 1.

Also, check us out on Fun4TampaKids & on